Madeleine cakes with olive oil and citrus flavour
Servings: 4 to 6
1. Whisk eggs, sugar, and honey in a medium bowl until frothy and pale.
2. Add a spoonful at a time of flour and baking powder mixed together. Mix between each addition. Add orange juice and zest and mix just until completely blended. Add oil and melted butter and give a final stir.
3. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
4. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
5. Use a brush or paper towel to butter generously the tins (12 tins). Drizzle with flour and flip over to remove excess flour. Spoon the batter to ¾ of each tin’s capacity. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until nice and golden.
6. Remove from oven and unmold right away.
7. Enjoy warm or store in an air-tight container.