Dairy-Free Raw Cheesecake
1 1/2 cups macadamia nuts (or a combination of walnuts and macadamia nuts)
White cheesecake filling ingredients:
3 cups cashews
Fruit topping ingredients:
2 cups frozen strawberries
1. Soak the nuts before using in the recipe for about 6 hrs, (you can simply soak them over night, this way they are ready for you the next day whenever you are ready to make the cake) then I made them dry by placing in the oven at lowest possible temperature your oven has for about 10-15 min(spread out nicely).
2. You can use regular blender for making the “cheese” since the nuts after soaking are not as hard or maybe even food processor.
3. For the strawberry sauce regular blender might not work, Vitamix of course will do the job but you might try to blend fresh strawberries with dates and then freeze slightly before layering on top of the cake and then once the cheesecake is all assembled put in the freezer.
1. Throw the macadamia nuts and dates into your food processor. (Don't add the coconut!!) Process nuts and dates until well processed but still airy.
2. Next, get out your cheesecake pan (or just a basic glass brownie pan if you're like me and don't have fancy cookware) and sprinkle the coconut on the bottom as your very first layer. The point of doing this is to make it so it's easier to remove the cheesecake and the coconut stops the crust from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Then press the macadamia nuts and dates down into the pan to form the crust.
3. Throw all cream cheese ingredients into your high-speed blender and blend! Add as little water as necessary to facilitate blending. (Try to add as little water as possible.) Layer on top of the crust.
4. Place the above in freezer for an hour or so (so that it will firm up).
5. Meanwhile, throw your strawberries and dates in your high-speed blender. Blend until nice and smooth. Pour this mixture on top of the crust/creamcheese, which was just in the freezer for about an hour. Replace the raw cheesecake recipe back in freezer. Freeze until this raw cheesecake recipe reaches the desired consistency!
6. Defrost this raw cheesecake recipe for about one hour before eating (or just slice from freezer and enjoy this delicious raw cheesecake)!
This raw cheesecake recipe just takes three easy steps: crust (easy, throw in food processor and press down into pan); "cream cheese" (easy, throw everything in high-speed blender and pour on top of crust); and sauce (easy, throw everything in high-speed blender and pour on top). Enjoy this raw cheesecake recipe!